Submission is free again! I thought we’d celebrate the end of the series by enticing some new readers to start. The new price was quicker to push through the distribution system than expected. Please share the links with your friends!
One of the things that is pretty frustrating about digital publishing is my lack of control of pricing — at one particular portal. It is part of Amazon’s Terms of Service that they control the price of the book – the price I set is subject to their approval and/or modification. They will not allow authors to make a book free on Amazon (unless that title is enrolled in their KDP Select program, which requires that the book be available only at Amazon). They may match a free price at another portal or not, at their discretion. On their various portals in different countries, they have the same right to manage prices.
It had been my plan to leave SUBMISSION free for a while, at least through January. That’s been a pretty effective promotion strategy for this series, probably because it gives readers a sample. SUBMISSION is no longer free at Amazon.com this morning, and has not been free at all of their portals ever.
If you would like to see SUBMISSION free in your territory, you (as a consumer) can report a lower price to Amazon. If enough people do this, they may choose to match the free price. Just scroll down the product page – right above the bar chart for customer reviews, you’ll see a hotlink Tell Us About a Lower Price. That opens a window for you to paste in the link to another portal that has the same title free. I would love to have the title be free through the new year, so would appreciate your help in reporting. I hear that the best links to report are KOBO and Apple. If you do report a link, please make sure it’s the link specific to your territory. (That’s important with iTunes.)
I’ll put all the links here just for your reference. The prices at Amazon are as of this minute – they can change at any time.
Thank you all! I’m off to put the finishing touches on FOREVER BOUND and will let you know when it’s available.
SUBMISSION is #1 on the Amazon Erotica list on Amazon.co.uk.
I’m so excited!. Thanks to everyone who has downloaded a copy – and even more thanks to everyone who has gone on to read the other books in The Plume series.
SUBMISSION is #29 on the same list for Amazon.com, which is also an exciting thing. Now we know – readers like free samples.
As many of you have noticed, DECEPTION has been available exclusively at Amazon for the past three months. It’s enrolled in a program called KDP Select there, and its term in the program ends July 5. On July 6, I’ll publish it at Smashwords and ARe, and from SW, it’ll make its way to Apple, B&N, and all the other outlets.
But one of the features of the KDP Select program is that the book can be free for five days during its term. DECEPTION will be free for its last five days in the program, July 1 to July 5. I’m thinking of it as a holiday weekend celebration!
Things have been a bit wild around here, but I am making steady progress on the new novellas. Fingers crossed that there’s some new work out in the world for you to read in the next week or so.
In the meantime, a reward for your patience! SUBMISSION has gone free through Smashwords and All Romance eBooks, and the price on the anthology has been reduced to reflect that change. My plan is to leave SUBMISSION free as a sampler and an introduction to the Plume.
It should show up on Apple and KOBO soon and be free as well.
SUBMISSION is NOT currently free at Amazon, because Amazon chooses whether or not to match the pricing of free books. (I can’t make a book free myself at Amazon.) If you’d like to see it go free at Amazon (and I would!) you can report a lower price on the product page for SUBMISSION on Amazon. (Right here. Scroll down to the hotlink for reporting a lower price.) You’ll need to provide a hotlink to the book free on another site – apparently they are more likely to match a free price if the book is free at B&N, Apple or KOBO. Fingers crossed that it works!
Edited to add – SUBMISSION is now free at Amazon! Here’s the link. Thanks to everyone who reported the lower price.
The first novella in the Plume series, SUBMISSION, will be free on Amazon for five days this week.
Wednesday February 8 through Sunday February 12, you’ll be able to grab a free copy, right HERE.
A little update for you. I’ve enrolled SUBMISSION into a program at Amazon, and this means a couple of things:
• SUBMISSION can be borrowed by Amazon Prime members, like a library book.
• SUBMISSION will be available exclusively at Amazon for three months. That’s one of the terms of the deal, so it will return to wider distribution in May. For the moment, I’ve removed the buy links from the Plume page for SUBMISSION.
• SUBMISSION will be available for free for five days at some point during that three month period. I’d like to make that happen in February. I will give you the dates once it’s arranged, so you can share the link with your friends.
• It is possible that I will not be able to publish the First Plume Anthology until after this promotion is completed. I’ve asked Amazon about the exclusivity condition – because SUBMISSION is included in that anthology – and am waiting to hear back from them. I’ll guess that the print edition will have to wait until May and the distribution of the digital anthology to other vendors will have to wait until May. Maybe the digital anthology can be offered on Amazon. We’ll see what they say. All the components of the anthology are already available individually so this isn’t a huge concession.
• DECEPTION will be published on schedule in March and distributed to Amazon as well as other digital vendors.
The cover for the anthology, btw, is just gorgeous. I’ll post it here when it’s done, even if you can’t grab a copy of your own until May.